A crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over a tooth that has too much damage to be restored with a filling. The tooth could be severely decayed, cracked, chipped, broken, or worn down. The process for receiving a traditional crown could take a few weeks because the crown is created in a lab and shipped back to the dental office.
CERECⓇ Same Day Crowns are made right here in our office, making it possible for you to receive a crown in as little as one appointment. Digital images are made of the tooth that are used to create a crown. The crown is then tested for proper fit and any necessary adjustments can be made immediately. You can receive your permanent crown on the same day or the next day in some cases.
Benefits of Same Day Crowns
Same Day Crowns offer many benefits:
- Have a permanent crown in a day. The entire process can be done in one day: digital impressions, making the crown, fitting the crown, and permanently placing the crown. Depending on the time of your appointment, next day placement may be required.
- No need for a temporary crown. With traditional crowns a temporary crown is used while you wait for your permanent crown to be shipped back to the office. Same Day Crowns eliminate the need for a temporary crown.
- Quality materials. CERECⓇ Same Day Crowns are made of quality material that is solid and sturdy to withstand chewing force.
- Adjustments can be made on site. If your crown doesn’t fit perfectly at first, it is easy to make adjustments in our office so you won’t have to wait another few weeks to get your crown permanently placed.
- Looks natural. Same Day Crowns provide a natural appearance that blends in with the rest of your teeth in color, shape, and texture.
Are You a Good Candidate for Same Day Crowns?
If you have a tooth that is in need of restoration, you may be a good candidate for Same Day Crowns. When there is not enough tooth enamel left for a filling to be effective, a crown is a solution. Same Day Crowns save you time, allowing you to get a crown placed without traveling back and forth to your dentist’s office multiple times. As long as the root of the tooth is still healthy and intact, a crown is a viable restoration option for you.
Why Choose Doctors Lake Family Dental?
Not all dental offices offer CERECⓇ Same Day Crowns, but Doctors Lake Family Dental believes in providing the latest technology for the convenience and comfort of our patients. We have the technology in our office to provide you with a permanent, natural looking crown in one or two appointments. Through advanced computer software, digital images of the teeth are used to create precisely sized crowns that fit properly the first time in most cases. Doctor’s Lake Family Dental treats patients of all ages so the whole family can receive dental care at one office location.
Frequently Asked Questions About Same Day Crowns
Are Same Day Crowns as good as traditional crowns?
Same Day Crowns are made of quality materials that provide the same bite strength and natural appearance that traditional crowns do. Traditional crowns tend to last longer overall, but Same Day Crowns provide immediate protection for the remaining tooth material.
Does the process really only take one appointment?
Typically there will be a consultation first to determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for Same Day Crowns. If so, another appointment will be scheduled to get your crown. So in reality, it may take two appointments. But overall the process is much shorter than a traditional crown.
How is the tooth prepared for Same Day Crowns?
Before a crown can be placed the existing enamel must be reduced to make room for the crown. With Same Day Crowns less tooth enamel has to be removed than with traditional crowns, making the process less invasive and more comfortable.
Why should I bother with a crown?
A dental crown can completely restore a tooth, leaving the natural roots in place to secure the tooth. It prevents the need for replacement, such as a bridge or a dental implant, which would be a more expensive option. We always recommend doing whatever needs to be done to save a tooth for your own dental and oral health.