Cosmetic dentistry can give you a better looking smile. Through cosmetic treatments and procedures you can correct or conceal imperfections in your teeth that prevent them from looking their best. By improving your smile you can feel more confident for a special occasion or your everyday life.
If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, you may be wondering how much it costs. Here’s what you can expect to pay for cosmetic dentistry services in Jacksonville, Florida.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
The primary focus of cosmetic dentistry is on the appearance of the teeth and mouth. Some cosmetic procedures also improve dental health, but the main goal is usually to improve the smile. From teeth whitening to full mouth reconstruction, cosmetic dentistry can help you feel better about the way you look.
Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Here’s the average cost of cosmetic dentistry procedures by type:
- Teeth whitening. In-office teeth whitening is a one time treatment that averages around $650. Take-home whitening treatment includes a custom tray you use at home to apply the whitening agent. It takes a few weeks and ranges from $100-$200.
- Invisalign. Using clear plastic aligners you wear over your teeth, Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth and closes gaps between the teeth. The cost is typically somewhere between $3,000 and $7,000 and it takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
- Veneers. Veneers are thin, porcelain shells that attach to the front side of your teeth to cover imperfections and make the teeth look uniform. Porcelain veneers cost somewhere between $800 and $2,000 per tooth. In most cases they only need to fit over the front 4-8 teeth on the top and possibly the bottom rows of teeth.
- Cosmetic bonding. Cosmetic bonding is the use of composite material to reshape one or more teeth or cover severe stains. The cost averages around $300-$600 per tooth.
- Full mouth reconstruction. A full mouth reconstruction is done when there are extensive corrections that need to be made to completely makeover your smile. The process may involve a wide variety of treatments and procedures and can take a year or two to achieve the desired results. The cost will vary significantly depending on the types of procedures you will need.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Covered By Insurance?
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are elective and not considered to be medically necessary. Therefore they are not covered by insurance. The cost of cosmetic dentistry will be completely out of pocket unless the procedure is required for your dental health. If your insurance covers orthodontics, a portion of the cost of Invisalign may be covered by your plan. There are ways to make the cost of cosmetic dentistry more affordable, such as financing that allows you to make payments over time.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Worth It?
If you’re trying to decide if cosmetic dentistry is worth the cost, there are many factors to take into consideration. First, can you afford the procedure you want to get? Keeping in mind that you can finance the cost and make payments, you should consider how much you can afford to pay each month and how long you will need to make payments to fully pay for the procedure.
Another consideration is how important your appearance is to you. If you feel so self-conscious about your teeth that you don’t smile very often, if at all, it may be worth it to make some cosmetic improvements. The confidence that you will gain from improving your smile could make a significant difference in your life. Confidence can open doors in your social and professional life.
Start Your Smile Transformation Today
Are you ready to transform your smile? Doctors Lake Family Dental provides a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services that can improve your smile in a variety of ways. After a brief evaluation we can discuss your smile goals and design a customized plan to make the necessary improvements. We will discuss payment options as well to make your new smile affordable.