Dental implants are a tooth replacement solution for missing or severely damaged teeth. They are considered to be the highest quality option for dental prosthetics, providing a look and function that rivals natural teeth.
If you’re considering getting a dental implant you may be wondering how much it will cost in your area. Here’s what you can expect to pay for a single dental implant in Fleming Island, Florida.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant consists of an artificial tooth and root. The root portion, the implant, is made out of titanium, a biocompatible material that is safe for use inside the body. Titanium is used in all sorts of procedures from hip replacements to bone reinforcements.
In the case of a dental implant, the titanium has ridges that encourage the bone to fuse to it and form a solid bond that can last a lifetime. Once the fusion has taken place, an abutment and then a crown can be attached to it to provide a complete replacement tooth.
Average Cost of a Dental Implant
The average cost of a single dental implant is about $4,500, although dental implants may range in cost from $1,500 to $6,000. Where your estimate will fall within the average range may vary depending on a wide variety of factors.
What Affects the Cost of Dental Implants?
Dental implants come at a cost due to a number of factors, including:
- Quality of materials. A single dental implant root is made of high quality titanium, as well as the abutment. The crown is typically made of porcelain because it is extremely strong and resembles natural tooth enamel. These materials may be costly, but they ensure that your dental implant will function well and last a long time.
- Technology. The success of a dental implant depends greatly on technology. High tech X-Rays are used to assess the bone density and structure to ensure that the jaw can support an implant. Guided implant placement technology is used to place the implant at the precise angle and depth. Finally, digital imaging is used to create a natural looking crown that will fit properly. All of this technology adds to the cost of a dental implant.
- Experience of your dentist. As a dentist gains experience with dental implant placement, they may raise their rate for the procedure. Having an experienced dentist perform your dental implant procedure increases the chances of lasting success.
- Location of the dental practice. Geographical location and the cost of living in the area where your dentist’s practice is located may have an impact on the cost of dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Cost?
There are many reasons why dental implants are worth the higher cost:
- Lasts a lifetime. Once a dental implant has effectively fused with the bone, that bond can last forever, and it typically does.
- Natural function. A dental implant acts just like a natural tooth. You can chew hard foods like you did when your natural teeth were healthy. Many patients forget they even have a dental implant.
- Realistic appearance. A dental implant is anchored in the jaw like a natural tooth, giving it a realistic appearance. You and your dentist are the only ones that have to know you have an artificial tooth.
- Prevents bone loss in the jaw. Dental implants preserve the bone structure of the jaw that would otherwise resorb (dissolve) in the absence of a tooth.
Why Choose Doctors Lake Family Dental?
Many dental practices offer dental implants, but Doctors Lake Family Dental has the technology and experience to ensure success. Dental implants have a 98% success rate, but only if they are placed properly. The number one cause of dental implant failure is improper placement. You can trust that Doctors Lake Family Dental provides the highest quality care for every patient and every procedure.