A dental crown is a restorative option for a severely decayed or damaged tooth. When there is not enough enamel remaining for a filling to be effective, a crown can often save the tooth, giving you a natural look and function.
If you have a tooth that needs a crown, you may be wondering what it will cost. Here’s what you can expect to pay for a dental crown in Fleming Island, Florida
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover placed over a tooth that is damaged in order to protect the remaining tooth material. The existing enamel is reshaped to make room for the crown to fit over the top. Crowns can be made of porcelain, metal, or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns provide the most natural look, but metal crowns tend to last longer, especially on back molars that bear the brunt of the chewing force and are less visible.
Average Cost of a Dental Crown
The cost of a dental crown may vary, but the average is about $1,200. The average range could be anywhere from $500 to $2,000. There are many factors that contribute to the exact cost of a dental crown for an individual because each case is unique.
What Contributes to the Cost of a Dental Crown?
The cost of a dental crown may vary based on any of the following:
- Type of crown. The material that your crown is made of will affect the cost. Porcelain crowns tend to come at a higher cost than metal crowns.
- Size of the tooth. The larger the tooth that is receiving a crown, the more material will be required and the higher the cost will be.
- Location of the tooth. A highly visible tooth in the front of your mouth will need a natural looking crown for cosmetic purposes, which means the cost may be higher.
- Geographic location. The cost of living where the practice is located will affect the cost of dental services, including crowns.
- Your insurance. If you have insurance that covers dental crowns, your out of pocket cost will be lower. Most insurance plans only cover a portion of restorative procedures like crowns.
Do Same Day Crowns Cost More?
Traditional crowns require multiple steps and appointments to complete. But same day crowns can be created and placed in as little as one appointment. Which type costs more?
Same day crowns actually cost less than traditional crowns because the technology needed to create your permanent crown is located at your dentist’s office. This means you will need fewer appointments and no temporary crown will be necessary, which lowers the overall cost of the procedure.
The process for same day crowns includes preparing the tooth, making impressions, creating your crown, and permanently placing your crown, all in one day. If adjustments are necessary, they can be made in the office in minutes.
Get a Dental Crown Estimate Today
Doctors Lake Family Dental provides CEREC same day crowns in Fleming Island, Florida. If you’re in need of a crown, we can provide you with an accurate estimate after a brief evaluation. Call 904-264-6700 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.